The average person created 4.3 pounds of waste per day. That adds up to almost 1600 lbs a year! The biggest problem with waste management is that many people don’t think about where their trash ends up after they’re done with it. Here are a few tips to cut down on your waste!
- Invest in reusable items
- coffee cups
- water bottles
- shopping bags
- Divide your trash into three parts: waste, recycle, and compost
- Buy products (such as soap) in bulk to cut down on packaging.
- NO K CUPS- they are such a waste!
- Bring your food to go in mason jars or even tupperware instead of paper and pastic bags
- Do your banking online to cut down on paper (they actually charge you for it!)
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Try to fix items before throwing them away or replacing them
- Get rid of unwanted items through online auctions or yard sales
- Donate old clothes to second hand stores, or to H&M to be recycled
- When ordering items online, ask for minimum packaging
If you’re feeling especially eco-friendly, check out Lauren Singer’s website trashisfortossers.com and see how she lives a Zero Waste lifestyle!